TOP-5 Best Game Developers in 2022
Game development is a very lucrative and competitive enterprise. At the moment, there are hundreds of top game developers that are actively involved in game development. However, only a handful can be considered the best. Below are the top-5 best game Developers in 2022.
Established in 1889, Nintendo is one of the oldest game developers in the world. Initially, the game developer was making custom handmade playing cards called Hanafuda. After some years, this business ventured into cab services. Eventually, Nintendo became a full-blown game developer in 1977. Since then, this franchise has created both hardware and software for games. It has also provided a stable platform for many other developers.
For many years, Nintendo has been responsible for the development of games like Pokémon Sword, Pokémon Shield, Fire Emblem, and much more. These games have helped Nintendo gain billions of dollars in revenue.
Another top game developer is EA games. In particular, EA is an expert developer of sports games. These sports games include FIFA, NFL, and more. Nonetheless, it has also developed a game like Plants Vs Zombies, and APEX Legends, which have provided entertainment to millions of fans. At the moment, EA has over 300 million subscribers. In addition, most of its games can be played by multiple players both online and offline. Annually, EA makes average revenue of over $5 billion. In terms of game development, EA is not limited to just providing content for consoles. It provides content for mobile and PC as well.
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Sony Interactive Entertainment operates as a game and a console developer. This company has been operating since 1993. It has a large workforce of over 5000 workers. At the core of this franchise is the running of the PlayStation console. Eventually, this platform expanded to cover game development and more. Now, Song Interactive Entertainment operates an impressive game development portfolio, which includes God of War, Spider-Mad, The last of Us, and much more. This company makes a revenue that exceeds $1 billion from game development.
As a game developer, Ubisoft is known to provide game development services to several gaming franchises. It has tens of development studios that are responsible for the development of many video games. Within Europe and America, this company has one of the largest revenues that rivals that of Song Interactive Entertainment.
Established in 1986, Ubisoft has been responsible for the development of games like Watch Dogs, the Tom Clancy franchise, and much more.
Activision Blizzard is another top game developer. It was established in 2008. Since then, this game developer has grown to generate annual revenue of over $7.5 billion. The size and reach of this company have made it to be listed amongst the best enterprises to work in.
Activision Blizzard provides content for tablets, mobile phones, PCs, and consoles. One of the most popular games, which this developer has created is the Call of Duty franchise. Other games include Overwatch and Candy Crush Saga.
Other useful articles:
- Elon Musk
- Ada Lovelace
- Anita Borg
- Marissa Mayer
- Programmers Who Started Late
- Programmers Who Developed Chess Programs
- Developers Who Changed the World
- Programmers Who Are Also Musicians
- TOP-5 Programmers Who Didn't Go to College
- TOP-5 Programmers Who Hate Programming
- TOP-5 Famous Indian Programmers
- List of Best Programming Quotes
- Famous Programmers Who Were Self Taught
- TOP-5 Famous Women Programmers
- How Can I Become a TOP Programmer
- TOP Programmers to Follow on Twitter
- Famous Programmers in the Philippines
- Famous Inventions that Contributed to the Development of Computers and their INVENTORS
- TOP-10 Famous Programming Blogs
- Gennady Korotkevich - Programming Prodigy
- Alan Turing - Famous Computer Engineer
- TOP-5 Trending Programming Languages NOW
- TOP-5 Most Influential Programmers Working Today
- TOP-5 Best Game Developers in 2022