Top-5 Essential Programming Principles
Programming is one of the most critical skills in today’s world. It allows programmers to create programs and tools that make the internet function. In short, coding is the bedrock of the world wide web. It defines how websites look, function, store data, and present information. To become a coder, you will have to learn how to code. The learning program requires hard work and dedication. You will want to learn some basic programming principles to be an effective and efficient coder. As such, highlighted below are the top-5 essential programming principles.
One of the essential basics of programming is avoiding the repetition of lines of code. This error is generally common among amateur or new coders. Therefore, you will want to avoid repeat logic and data within your lines of code. Instead, it would help if you learned how to run a loop. A loop is basically an algorithm that repeats an action within a program. With a loop, you will find debugging your program easier as you do not have to go through repetitive lines of code individually.
Simplify the Program
Your program should always be as simple as possible. This principle is so vital that many programmers consider it the most critical. Therefore, you will want to live by this value whenever you are programming. Many programmers believe that writing challenging code is the way to go. However, this assertion is further than the truth. Writing complex code makes debugging difficult. Additionally, it can make it challenging to upgrade a code. Likewise, when the original writer of the program is not around, modification to an existing code can be impossible. For this reason, programs are encouraged to create a simple script in a single line. Doing this makes reading and compilation easier. It would help if you used straightforward variables in your code in the same vein. In addition, make the best use of all tools and libraries within a system.
You generally want your code to be closed for modification when making a program. However, you will want it to be open for extension. Creating a program that adheres to this principle is essential. When you make a framework that is open to modification, coders will modify it. When you make an update to the framework, your code automatically breaks. This event can be very upsetting to users. As such, you will always want to develop a program that encourages extension and prevents modifications directly. Doing this ensures you maintain the general core behavior of your program.
Ensure Proper Documentation
Documentation is a beneficial aspect of programming. It allows other people to understand parts of your code. In general, documentation involves documenting your codes with the use of good comments. All programming languages offer a user an option to include comments in their code. Therefore, you will want to leave comments in your program that define variables, explain functions, and clarify objects. Doing this makes your program user-friendly to the average programmer.
Other useful articles:
- Elon Musk
- Ada Lovelace
- Anita Borg
- Marissa Mayer
- Programmers Who Started Late
- Programmers Who Developed Chess Programs
- Developers Who Changed the World
- Programmers Who Are Also Musicians
- TOP-5 Programmers Who Didn't Go to College
- TOP-5 Programmers Who Hate Programming
- TOP-5 Famous Indian Programmers
- List of Best Programming Quotes
- Famous Programmers Who Were Self Taught
- TOP-5 Famous Women Programmers
- How Can I Become a TOP Programmer
- TOP Programmers to Follow on Twitter
- Famous Programmers in the Philippines
- Famous Inventions that Contributed to the Development of Computers and their INVENTORS
- TOP-10 Famous Programming Blogs
- Gennady Korotkevich - Programming Prodigy
- Alan Turing - Famous Computer Engineer
- TOP-5 Trending Programming Languages NOW
- TOP-5 Most Influential Programmers Working Today
- TOP-5 Best Game Developers in 2022
- Top-5 Programming Languages for the Future
- Top-5 Programming Language Creators
- Top-5 Essential Programming Principles